Mar 23, 2010

Our living room makeover!

So i havent been able to post any of the things that we have been doing around our house since weve moved in, but now that i have a camera i can take a few pictures of our new living room and show you! Tyson and I decided on a budget so we could do something new and refreshing in our formal living room and I think for the amount of money we spent on our makeover it couldn't of turned out better!! I was so super excited to do this because I finally had the chance to turn my ideas and inspirations for the room into a reality!! Little by little my vision for living room came together!

We decided to paint part (2 walls) in the room green, now when i envisioned green originally it was not this color, I ended up having to paint one of the walls twice because the first green was Horrible!! After much debating and thought, luckily the second shade of green I picked out worked great!! I love this color! Its so refreshing, calming, modern and elegant at the same time! I love what a little bit of paint can do to a room!

We did a lot of pricing and shopping around before we bought any furniture, im glad we did because we got amazing deals!! I love the chairs, because it is a smaller room, they allowed the room to be more open but still seat as many as a loveseat would, I also made a padded seat for the piano bench that matched the walls, so there could be additional seating!

I know Im probably going on and on, but I really had so much fun putting the room together! Wish i had some before pictures so you could see what it was like before... Let me know what you think :)


I put together the frame/collage thing above the couch by buying old frames at a thrift store for super cheap and just sanded and repainted them and then just added my own idea to them with the ribbon, vinyl lettering and wooden lettter. On the frame in the middle I used crackle paint :)

The emblem on the piano is vinyl lettering and I added some of the green paint to it to tie it in.

The quote on the wall is one that Tyson and I had custom made, because we liked the quote so much, the saying is by is by President Monson.

I wanted chairs to give the room more of an open look, tyson actually pointed out these ones out when we were looking online, so he gets the credit for these beauties :)


I love throw pillows:)

The bookshelf is one of the first things we got for the room, we love it!

Our Friends Mom was getting rid of her piano, she asked us if we would want it and we were so happy she did because it fits perfectly:)


This mirror is at the bottom of our stairs, I love having the hooks they come in really handy for our jackets and my purse when we are in a hurry :)

I put this arrangement together and eventually i want to get a stand for it and put it on the other side where the ficus tree is...


The picture frame that is blank is not meant to be that way just havent got around to putting one in :)




This is the little padded piano bench that i made, kinda surprised my self with this one, so far its still holding up haha



So this is our new and improved sitting room...next on the to do list is our backyard, when we bought our house the back yard wasnt finished, meaning no side fences no sprinklers and no grass! The weather is getting warm and my boys so desperately want to play out side, so we are hoping we can get it finished soon! Pictures to come!

6 comments:

Me and My Boys said...

WOW, It looks Gorgeous! Good Job! I love the piano, did you draw that detailing on it. It's great, and the throw pillows are divine! Looks Amazing!

Josh and Tiff said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your room! Those accent chairs are perfect (nice work tyson) and you are such a great decorator!! It looks great!

Its All Good Ya'll said...

Your living room looks like it came out of a magazine. I wish I could have helped you with the vinyl... It really looks beautiful! Good luck with the white furniture!

Mom said...

I love your decorating job. It is gorgeous!!!!! You have done a wonderful job, it all fits together beautifully. You guys are awesome.
Love Aunt Bonnie

mamasita said...

Beautiful home - remarkable talent - amazing family - I love you so much!

Henry Family said...

Quite a homemaker you are turning out to be! It really is beautiful sis.. good job :)