Mar 4, 2010

You know your a mommy when...



***If puking and pooping is a sensitive subject to you disregard this post:)***


So my boys just recovered from a terrible week long flu! To say it was horrible would be an understatement. This was my first experience with my kids having the flu. And I just have to say this is one motherly duty that deserves an award! Im sure all you mommies would have to agree...

So it all started in the middle of the night when Tyson came in our room to tell us that he "burped" (this was the first time he had every thrown up so i guess that was his best way to describe it
;) After cleaning it up and putting him back to bed, the night continued in a similar fashion, puking and pooping everywhere!! I felt so bad for him, and was praying that Jarom wouldnt catch the bug, but in reality i knew he would, they are brothers that share Everything even colds...The next day Jarom caught the bug. I had too very sick boys, and i was one exhausted mama.

The puking lasted about three days, hmm 3 days might not seem too bad, but when you have two kids, 2 and under simintaniously puking,your trying to keep them in one place so they dont puke everywhere, while cleaning up puke that is already everywhere and changing diapers every half hour! Well 3 days seems to feel like an eternity! They both had diarrhea for about a week which i can admit was worse than the puking! Lets just say diapers dont hold diarrhea very well. We went through a box of Costco diapers in about a week flat!!!

So here are a few of my, You Know Your a Mommy When, moments:

1.) Your holding your baby and he starts to throw up, but you just hold him closer trying to comfort him and ease his pain, instead of setting him down because you would rather dodge the throw up.

2.) You dont get the least bit upset for your 2 year old puking all over your just washed sheets.

3.) You cry because your kids are so helplessly sick

4.) You dont think you can stand another day of it, but somehow you are able to get up in the morning with little or no sleep and do it all again, all because of the love you have for your sweet babies.

Being a mother is selfless. Its the hardest but most rewarding job there is. What other full time job is the payment pure love....





Here are some other "motherhood" cartoons that make me laugh!! You know your a mommmy if you think these are hilarious:)











1 comment:

Its All Good Ya'll said...

I love this post and I love you!!!!! I have so been there! I don't know if you remember but last year when we came home the girls and I stayed for an extra 2 weeks. Those 2 weeks were spent in my sister-in-laws basement cleaning up diarrhea and vomit from 3 girls all night and all day. It was worse than being in your own home because we wanted to visit people and be on vacation and we felt so bad about the big mess we left behind. It was awful, and yes I cried too!