Nov 8, 2008

Sweet Memories!

We just finished putting Ty to bed tonight and I just thought I would share a moment that warmed my heart. We have been saying bedtime prayers with Tyson, teaching him to sit still, close his eyes and fold his hands. At first it was just a funny thing to him, time to crawl on Mommy and Daddy and play, but recently he has been sitting still, being quiet and watching us as we pray. Well we ended our prayer with "Amen" and quickly after a small voice says "Amen", well more like "mennn" :) It was so special to me to see Tyson following our example! I am so proud of him! I love my sweet baby he truly means everything to me...

5 comments:

Its All Good Ya'll said...

These are the sweet moments when I feel like I might be doing something right. It is so easy to get down on yourself as a parent because you know there is so much you should be doing and you never do enough. But when you witness one of these sweet innocent moments you can breathe a sigh of relief. Good job mommy and daddy.

Sara said...

I love it when you get to see those wonderful moments that prove that all of your teaching really is paying off. Kids are so observant and they just soak everything in like a sponge. You and Tyson are such great parents!

Tyler and Melissa Moore said...

Oh Shantel this blog was so amazing to read! You and Tyson seem to be great parents! I wish I could have meet little Tyson when we were all over but he was so cute sleeping! What a blessing you have to have such a great little family! Can't wait for the new addition!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of .... you! He's a lucky little spirit to have been given the two of you as his parents!

The Stones said...

darling! i love the halloween photos!